Over the years BCA-USA has raised funds and successfully implemented numerous projects aimed at addressing various social and development challenges in Bali Highlights include:
- Sponsoring an annual health fair in Bali, where our physician members offered free consultations and medication.
- Supplying medication and ambulatory equipment to the health centers in Bali.
- Technical assistance for the construction of a mortuary at the main hospital in Bali.
- Funded premiums for enrollment into the Mutual Health Organization in Bali for over 100 families.
- Built classrooms and supplied desks to schools.
- Provided scholarships to students in Bali and the USA. Till date, over $40,000.00 in scholarship funds have been awarded to students and pupils in Bali.
- Teacher Sponsorship: In 2009, BCA initiated a project to sponsor primary school teachers to teach in under-served communities within Bali. The aim is to help alleviate the crisis of teacher shortages in elementary schools. Sponsorship of 18 Primary School teachers in Bali to help. The project costs $9,000.00 USD annually. Funding contribution for this project is derived from individual donations by BCA members which are matched by BCA.
- Vocational Training: Fishnet Project: This project funds vocational training for young people who were unable to complete their education, through no fault of their own, but who are willing to be trained at a local vocational institute, in a trade of their choosing. This is a $7,000.00 USD a year project. The fishnet project has successfully funded the training of 29 youths in Bali in skills such as welding, carpentry, tailoring, embroidery and traditional crafts making.
- Supported the construction of a municipal water by gravity supply system in Bali.
- Constructed a modern public flush system toilet in the main square of Bali.
- Funded the construction of a bore hole water system in the village of Beisen.
- Ongoing funding contribution towards the organization of the annual Lela festival in Bali Nyonga.
- In addition to these projects, local BCA-USA chapters regularly fundraise and sponsor projects within Bali. For instance: The Dallas chapter have a project sponsoring orphans in Bali Kumbat., the California chapter is currently working on various school projects with schools in Bali whilst BCA members in Houston are working on a $15,000 water project for Ancila Compressive Unity College.